Updated: Feb 19, 2021
hree-team tournament, which runs from 22 November to 1 December at Pindi Cricket Stadium, will be live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube Channel
Lahore, 21 November 2020:
As many as 42 women cricketers will be in action in the PKR1.7million National Triangular T20 Women’s Cricket Championshi
p, which will be played at the Pindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi, from 22 November till 1 December.
PCB Blasters, PCB Challengers and PCB Dynamites will face off for the national glory in the 10-day championship, which provides a chance to these cricketers to showcase their talent. The championship will be played on the double-league basis with the top two teams competing in the final on 1 December.
To boost the following of the women’s game and provide young girls an opportunity to get closer to the game, the PCB will live-stream all seven matches on its YouTube channel, through a nine-camera production.
Following a 100 per cent increase in their domestic match-fee, the women cricketers will have an added incentive to bring out the best performances as the PCB has doubled the prize money for the event from the last season.
The PCB Challengers, led by Muneeba Ali, the top-run getter and player of the tournament in the last edition, will be eager to defend the title with PKR1million up for grabs for the championship winners. The runner-up will pocket PKR500,000.
PKR50,000 will be awarded to the player of the championship, while player of the match will get PKR20,000.
Aliya Riaz and Ramin Shamim will captain PCB Blasters and PCB Dynamites, respectively.
To ensure the health and safety of the players and all those involved, the championship will be played under PCB’s Covid-19 protocols, which were announced at the commencement of the ongoing season.
As such, the squads were integrated into a bio-secure bubble after returning two negative Covid-19 tests. They had their first testing at their residences, followed by the second at the central station.
The championship follows a two-week-long High Performance Camp in Karachi in which 27 elite women cricketers underwent training in a bio-secure environment.
Schedule (all matches begin at 12.30pm):
22 Nov – PCB Blasters v PCB Dynamites
23 Nov – PCB Blasters v PCB Challengers
25 Nov – PCB Dynamites v PCB Challengers
26 Nov – PCB Dynamites v PCB Blasters
28 Nov – PCB Challengers v PCB Blasters
29 Nov – PCB Challengers v PCB Dynamites
1 Dec – Final
Challengers - Muneeba Ali (captain), Ayesha Naseem, Aiman Anwar, Bismah Maroof, Fatima Sana, Kaynat Hafeez, Nida Dar, Saba Nazir, Sadaf Shams, Sadia Iqbal, Saima Malik, Syeda Aroob Shah, Syeda Asma Amin (wk) and Waheeda Akhter
Blasters - Aliya Riaz (captain), Anam Amin, Anoosha Nasir, Hafsa Amjad, Huraina Sajjad, Javeria Khan, Jaweria Rauf, Khadija Chishty, Maham Tariq, Natalia Parvaiz, Noreen Yaqoob, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wk) and Tuba Hassan
Dynamites – Rameen Shamim (captain), Aima Saleem, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Hafsa Khalid, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Nahida Khan, Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Omaima Sohail, Subhana Tariq, Syeda Masooma Zehra Fatima and Umme Hani
Important guidelines for media attending the matches:
· The PCB will only provide running tea, coffee and water and strongly encourages respected members of the media to bring their own food, drinks and cutlery
· If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, please don’t attempt to arrive at the venue to cover the match
· Upon arrival, there will be thermal temperature checking
· Please always ensure two-metre social distancing and wear masks at all times when at the venue
· Media is strongly advised to avoid gatherings when at the venue
· Only 50+ members of the media or those with special needs will be allowed to use the venue lifts and only one person at a time can use the service
· There will be hand sanitisers in the media working areas but the accredited media are encouraged to also bring their own sanitisers just in case these are short at match venues
· During the day, there will be random temperature testing by the concerned officials
· No in-person media-player interaction is allowed in the team hotel, training and match venues.